Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Two Tickets to Hell Please

So my fiance and I have been going to marriage counciling sessions (which are a complete waste of time.) Last night we had our final session. Before I tell you about this session, I need to give some history about this church...

We chose this church because it is 2 blocks away from my parents' house and my sister and I used to attend Brownie meetings there way back in the day. When we booked the church, there was an interum pastor there. A bit off the wall and crazy, but he was a good guy and a lot of fun to meet with. BJ and I went to 3 sessions with him, all of which revolved around ironing out our plans for the ceremony...none of which involved any sort of probing questions and the beginning of arguments. The last session we had with him, he gave us a work book to go through and wanted to go over it the next time we came in. Well, during that time between meetings, the church got a new pastor...so our last meeting was not going to be with the one we had met with previously...

So on Tuesday night we met with the new pastor...I seriously do not like this woman... She has decided that less than one month before the wedding, we need to change some things because they are not religious and have no place in the ceremony if they have no connection with God. That is understandable, but it would have been more understandable had this been 2 or 3 months ago...

So about me going to hell... during our session with the new pastor, she asked and more or less assumed that we had gone through the book already with the previous pastor. BJ and I both sat there, very quiet, until we both decided to shake our heads yes and not protest that we had not gone through the book yet. So...we were in a church and we lied to our pastor. Most people would view this as a very bad thing, but I'm always the optimist. I see this as good things and fun times to come with my future husband...who else would lie in church and to a pastor with me?

3 comments:

SLRd said...

I would lie about you to save my own ass while in church.

Duchess T said...

I agree. I would lie about all of you and myself to get out of there.

What has changed? Should I not do my Andrew Dice Clay impersonation at the ceremony?

SLRd said...

Who the what now?