Friday, July 6, 2007

Wicked Witches...

Well, once again my sisters have plotted against me. When I got up from my nap yesterday, I decided I needed to go to my parents' house to check my email and do some wedding things. My father decides to tell me that I have a big package from Target downstairs. I immediately grab a knife and run (I know that is not safe, but there was a present waiting for me...) down to the basement to search for this box. When I find it sitting at the end of the pool table, my parents caught up and eagerly looked on as I cut the packing tape. I open the box to see a red velvet bag with little Target logos all over. I immediately reach for the present...but I was stopped. My father told me I had to read the card first...Card? What card? I only see a read bag standing between me and a present. I reach for the envelope in the bag and start to open it. Then I see a little sign that says "Don't ruin the surprise, open the gift first!" So I go back to trying to open the gift because I saw no other card. Mom then points out a tag on the string of the bag. I open the little card and the most important thing it says is that it is from my sisters and brother in law... I have now hit a major roadblock. Mom and Dad tell me that I can open the present if I call to get permission from my sisters (that isn't a good sign.) They inform me that I can't call one sister because her cell phone isn't working right. So I call the other sister, hoping that she will take pity and tell me yes (and if I get her permission then I don't have to call the one with the busted cell phone because I will have 2/3 majority vote for yes.) So I call and tell her all about this pretty box and she tells me "NO". I'm very certain I heard a little giggle and glee in her voice as she said this. So I begin to pout in my normal baby sister fashion. This seems to only entertain her more...Damn. So she continues on about how I can't open it until my bridal shower...which is still almost a month away. I of course devise a cleaver plan... I will get on my registry to check it out and see what has been purchased that would be the approximate size and weight. So I have decided that it is either my stand mixer, my crock pot, or something not on my registry. That wasn't very effective.

But today I had a chance to talk to the other sister. The eldest had told me the night before that it was both of their ideas to have it sent to me so early before my shower so that I could just look at it and be tortured by not knowing what is inside. Knowing this aweful piece of information, I held nothing back when I talked to her. I knew there was no way that I was going to get to open the present, even if she did say yes. Much to my dismay, I was told that my sister wanted to send it to me when I first got engaged (two years ago) and not let me open it until my shower. Biotch... But I realized through these conversations with my sisters that A) they have been plotting against me for awhile. B) they are ruthless. C) that I need to get them back. The one good thing about beating them to the alter is that payback is a bitch and I hold grudges.

I do love my sisters and I know they love me...but that is currently overshadowed by the fact that there is a present sitting down stairs for me that I can't touch. I think they found the best way to torture me...

3 comments:

Duchess T said...

2/3 majority vote??? Please.....you did not ask Mark if you could open your present so you would have only had a 1/3 vote.

We all love you, even when you pout. (That's just the bonus fir us.) See you in a month!

SLRd said...

It was suggested that we not let you open it until Trini and Tiff are around to watch, too. Sounds swimming to me.

Duchess T said...

I can see that happening.........